Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Fall 2009 Intern - Barbara Ballard

My name is Barbara Ballard and I am one of the interns for Anzar Exchange in the 2009-10 school year. I am from Bethlehem, PA, and am now a junior at the University of Pittsburgh. I am majoring in Sociology and Anthropology, and minoring in Social Work. I hope to be involved with non-profit administration, specifically development (fundraising, events, etc) after I graduate.

I was attracted to Anzar because I was intrigued by its multi-faceted missions and initiatives. I also liked that it was a young non-profit run by young people, and that the internship positions would be more free form and a place where I would be able to hone my skills in the non-profit world by doing and not just watching. I am hoping that throughout this year, I will be able to help Anzar raise funds by planning events such as the bingo night and perhaps a silent auction, as well as plan events for the community to help them become educated about foreign cultures.

No comments:

Post a Comment